1. Introduction and General Terms
– what information Cefndy Healthcare may collect about you
– how Cefndy Healthcare will use information we collect about you
– when Cefndy Healthcare will use your details to contact you
– whether Cefndy Healthcare will disclose your details to anyone else
– your choices regarding the personal information you have provided to us
As set out above Cefndy Healthcare is committed to safeguarding your personal information. Whenever you provide such information, we are legally obliged to use your information in line with all laws concerning the protection of personal information in line with the legislation of the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the Data Protection Act 1998 and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003.
This site will contain hyper links to other websites owned by third parties including the following sites:
BASE – (British Association for Supported Employment)
BHTA – (British Healthcare Trades Association)
2. What information will Cefndy Healthcare collect about me or my clients?
Cefndy Healthcare will only collect and use information where there is a legitimate business reason and we are legally entitled to do so.
When you register with Cefndy Healthcare to receive information of services or goods, we may ask for personal information about you or if you are registering on behalf of clients, about them. This can consist of information such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone or mobile number or date of birth. Different products or services we sell, may require different types of personal information, and in some circumstances, this may involve us holding sensitive personal data such as health and disability data. We will not ask you for information such as this unless this is necessary.
Cefndy Healthcare collect IP addresses from visitors of the website. This is purely for identification of location of users and for use in analysis of data trends, such as how long users spend on a particular part of the website.
3. How will Cefndy Healthcare use the information collected about you?
Cefndy Healthcare will use the information collected for a number of purposes including the following:
– ‘service administration purposes’ which means that Cefndy Healthcare may contact you for reasons connected with your current or previous orders. Eg product recalls or to advise you that delivery may be delayed.
– ‘electronic direct marketing’ which means that we may contact you by email from time to time with details of any new products or services which may be relevant to you if you have used our services previously. This is known as ‘soft opt in’ and the Regulations referred to in part 1 above allow this in these circumstances. If you have not used us before, we will always obtain your consent, before sending direct marketing communications by email.
– ‘direct marketing’ we may send information to you in the post from time to time.
By signing up to us you have “opted in”. If you do not wish us to do so please advise us. All of our marketing communication was the option to unsubscribe where you will automatically be removed from all mailing lists.
4. When will Cefndy contact me?
We may contact you for the following purposes:
– in relation to any after sales service/care we provide.
– for marketing purposes where you have specifically agreed to this.
Please note, at Cefndy we do not consider a simple purchase as grounds for “opting in” – to be added to our mailing list you must actively consent by signing up to our mailing list at the bottom of our website.
5. Will Cefndy share my personal information with anyone else?
We will keep your personal information confidential except where its disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies or law enforcement agencies) and generally we will only use your personal information within Cefndy Healthcare and not share this personal information within Denbighshire County Council’s other internal departments without consent.
6. How long will Cefndy Healthcare keep my personal information?
We will hold your personal information on our system for as long as is necessary for the relevant service or as long as is relevant in any contract between ourselves and you. This time period will usually be in line with Denbighshire County Council’s Corporate Retention Policy.
If you wish to have your details removed from our database, we will comply with your request eg to remove you from our electronic marketing database, but may need to keep your details for other purposes, depending on the reason why you provided us with that information. Eg should we need to recall a product you have purchased for example.
7. Can I find out what personal information Cefndy Healthcare holds about me?
Under the Data Protection Act an individual has the right to request a copy of the personal information that Cefndy Healthcare holds about them and to have any inaccuracies corrected. The Council charges £10 for such information requests as is permitted under the data protection law and will require you to prove your identity. This is in order to protect your information from disclosure to third parties without your consent. We will use reasonable efforts to supply, correct or delete personal information about you on our files. Please address such requests to our Data Protection/Freedom of Information Officer, Denbighshire County Council, The Old Gaol, 46 Clwyd Street, Ruthin, Denbighshire, LL15 1HP.